Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Beerleague + Softball - Beer = Today

I'm glad I don't get paid to blog. If I did, I'd probably be living in a cardboard box because I slack way too much. Although, if I did get paid, maybe that would be more motivation to write. Does anyone want to pay me? No? That's a shame.

While talking to one of my co-workers, who just so happens to be a blogging enthusiast, she mentioned that my blog shouldn't be focused on one topic [the wedding] if I wanted to continue blogging. Since we haven't done too many things with the wedding planning, it's hard to write on a blog entitled "Wedding Belles." So regardless of my blog being called Wedding Belles, I'm going to start blogging about other things as well. Sound good? Good. And if it doesn't? Well, stop reading.
-----------------------------------

Marshall somehow convinced me to join a beer league softball team with our paper and sister paper. [Minus the beer since we gave up alcohol for Lent so it's just a league] I haven't played softball since I was 8 and played for the LUYAA [Linganore Urbana Youth Athletic Association, represent!] teams. Considering it's a mere 15 years later, I've seem to have lost some of my mad skills. While my throwing arm may have been pretty badass when I was 8, it hasn't improved and is therefore not-so-badass-and-actually-pretty-pathetic. Want me to hit a homerun? HA. I had forgotten how painful the vibrations of the bat can be if you don't hit the sweet spot. Needless to say, the only cheer my teammates will be saying is the "We want a single, just a little single, S-I-N-G-L-E single, single, single!" and will not progress through doubles, triples and the homerun.

[And I just know that if my family is reading this post, which they better be, that they just sang the tune to that cheer and it is now probably stuck in their heads. You're welcome]

Our first game is tonight. Our second game is also tonight. Yup, two games, one night. The first one is at 7:15 and the second at 9:15 with each game being an hour long. Did I mention that the fields are 30 minutes away from our house and that I very much like to sleep and that my bedtime is 10? No bueno!

If our games don't get rained out [looks as if the rain has finally stopped but we're just waiting to see if the fields dry out] please pray that I at least hit the ball and don't strike out. And that I don't get smacked in the face with a ball. And that the ball doesn't really come in my direction so I can't mess up while in the outfield. And that I run fast and don't trip.

Maybe I'll miraculously get my 8-year-old-mad-skills back and be the MVP.

Yeah, I laughed at that too.


No comments:

Post a Comment