Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Magician

I should be a magician because I have a pretty awesome disappearing act. Okay that joke was totally lame awesome! But seriously, it's been a while. Why, you ask? I'll tell you why. Because I didn't feel like blogging about my hair being pulled out and the tears coming down my face. Oh, and the yelling. Wedding planning is not a pretty sight. At least for this girl. We were thrown a wrench (luckily early in the planning) but it made us switch up everything.

Here's what went down:

June in a Tennessee valley = HOT. If it's going to be anything like this summer, the pictures wouldn't be pretty because we'd all be drenched in sweat. I'm pretty sure the guests wouldn't even want to move because they'd be cooking like eggs and bacon (ew, bacon.) We came to the conclusion that we needed to have an indoor/outdoor reception venue. 

Here's your challenge: Try and find a place with a big enough indoor facility to seat everyone in one room (~130 guests) but with enough mingling/dancing space outside, in the Sewanee community that fits our budget. GO.

Any luck? Yeah, me either.

We found lots of different options that at first look seemed perfect. Then it came to either price ($3,000 for a barn rental? Really? And all you're going to do is hose it down? AND I have to rent toilets? AND there's no AC in the barn? Yeah... uh no.)

So, finally we decided it was time to look outside of the Sewanee community and we found a place where my parents live AND we got a super amazing deal. Can't complain about that, right? Plus the Catholic church is within walking distance! I think we hit the jackpot here.

So now that I have less hair and rehydrated myself from all the water loss from crying, we can start back up with the planning.

The next step? CAKE tasting! My favorite! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment