Thursday, May 17, 2012

Walking in Memphis

I know, I know. It's been a while. I apologize, but there are reasons! I have been so busy the past few weeks that I haven't been able to blog. Here's what I've been up to:

  • Two weekends ago, Marshall and I went to Memphis to visit his brother and his brother's girlfriend. 
  • I had a job fair on Friday where I met a lot of potential school districts in the area
  • Said job fair led me to have an interview the following Tuesday.
  • Said interview led me to teach a lesson the next day.
  • Said lesson got me a recommendation to be hired as a 3rd grade teacher pending board approval.
  • Said recommendation got me board approval which in turn means I am officially a hired teacher!
There is probably no greater feeling than actually seeing your dreams come true right before your eyes. Except maybe seeing how happy your family and closest friends get seeing you fulfill your dreams. My mom started to cry after she found out. My dad cheered with excitement. My sister, Erin, sent me a congratulatory text and has been trying to Facetime me (again... so busy!) My other sister, Jen, made a Facebook status saying how proud she was of me. Marshall took me out to eat with some friends and bought me a congratulatory drink. My friends came to dinner just to celebrate (and continued to text each day to see how my interview, lesson and board approval went). My best friend Cydnea text me saying she can't believe she found out through Facebook and that her level of excitement was just as much as it was the day I got engaged. I think it's pretty safe to say that I have the best family and friends ever.

Now, back to Memphis. This was going to get it's own blog post but life (read: Getting a teaching job) got in the way. So, here's the abbreviated version:

We took turns driving the 6.5 hours it took to drive to Memphis. When I wasn't driving, this was what I was doing: [Video debut!]
Clearly, it's easy to see why he loves me.

After we got to Memphis and checked into our hotel, we met up with Marshall's brother, Tommy, and his girlfriend, Abby. [Unfortunately, I never got a picture of all of us.] We went out and saw the beauty of Beale Street.
My cell phone camera sucks. I apologize. [Seriously, I'm a good picture taker. It's my camera.]

Lots of people!
After a drink, we went back to the hotel and went to sleep and woke up early the next morning to take our own walking tour of the Mississippi. Because there was a concert, it was hard to see the actual river (we were up higher and there was a fence blocking you from seeing the concert without paying). We then had brunch, a nap, a few drinks and finally went down to the concert.

While watching Childish Gambino
At sunset we walked over to the Mississippi and just sat while listening to some music. It was beautiful!

Mississippi Bridge
After the concert, we walked around some and eventually called it a night. We had a lot of fun in Memphis and were happy to get the opportunity to see Tommy and Abby!

Update on the wedding front:

NOTHING. Hopefully, you read about our issues with rentals and saw that everything was super expensive. We have since decided to look at venues to see if we can do a cost comparison. I found one place I really like but really need to figure out costs before I go any further.

We are, however, planning our engagement pictures. Marshall and I have decided on an idea (I can't tell you! It's a surprise!) and we will probably take them in September when it's cooled off a bit.

We also realized it's mid-May and we're still chub-a-lubs so we started running again. SKINNY KIDS HERE WE COME! We shall be fit by September! And fitter come June 2013!

This post wasn't very funny so here:

What do you call a cow with no legs?

wait for it...


Ground beef! 


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the engagement pictures! Also, Marshall needs to quit being too cool for school and sing along. LOOOOVE the video! :)

    ReplyDelete