Monday, December 12, 2011

Going to the Chapel...

And we're gonna get married!

I've been engaged for almost three weeks now and the wedding planning has begun... sort of. Three weeks into it and I'm pretty sure I've already spotted two more gray hairs. Let's just add "getting hair dyed" to the list of things to do before the wedding. Thank goodness I have a year and a half until the wedding!

My fiance, Marshall, proposed to me on Thanksgiving. He works for the local newspaper as the ad director and got a full page ad of him standing with a sign asking "Will you marry me?" Behind him were pictures of the two of us from our two years together. I was a little shocked at 2 a.m. when I saw it (yes, that's two in the MORNING. Someone claimed to be a little too excited about Black Friday ads to sleep...) After asking if this was real and realizing I wasn't dreaming, I put the ring on and called my best friend. Cutest proposal ever? Yeah, I'd say so... in a totally not biased opinion of course!

After pulling my eyes away from my beautiful ring (this was not an easy task and took about two days) we began researching wedding venues. I'm from Virginia, currently live in Texas and am planning our wedding in Tennessee. Talk about a bit of a struggle. I called around to a few places that I thought looked nice just to get an idea of prices. I was greeted with happy voices eager to take my money saying numbers that either exceeded my budget completely, came pretty close or I couldn't even dream of ever having. "$15,000 for a venue? Hahaha really, what is it? Seriously? Does that include my dress, the bridesmaid dresses and all decorations? No? Oh. Okay. Thanks for crushing my dreams."

This is when the gray hairs began to grown. I'm pretty sure if I stood in front of the mirror after each phone call you'd see another one pop up like a weasel in the ground. BOOP!

So I decided to save my brown hair and do the next best thing -- put on some PJ's, grab a beer and start Pinteresting things to my wedding board! Speaking of which... I've got some pins to examine.

Until the next dilemma,

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment